|Rating||2.6 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 4.1.x - Jelly Bean|
|Author's Notes||WhereYouGo is an unofficial client for Wherigo Geoaching.|
Cartridges for usage with WhereYouGo can be downloaded from https://www.wherigo.com and other services.
- Automatic download of cartridges from wherigo.com (can be triggered from your browser by opening a listing page on wherigo.com or from other geocaching apps like c:geo)
- Use compass to navigate to the next game zone or location
- View game zones and locations on a map
- Uses online maps from various sources
- Supports offline map files (only Mapsforge v0.3 format at this moment)
- Seamless interworking with Locus to display maps (alternatively to internal maps)
- Several save game slots per cartridge
- Automatic game saving when switching to another app
- Integrated QR-code reader
WhereYouGo is OpenSource and licensed under GNU General Public License v3.0.
After the source code was unmaintained for several years, a new development team (the c:geo team) was - with agreement of the orignal author - finally able to take over the source code and continue app development.
If you are able and willing to help us, you can find information and source code in the link below. We need your help: https://github.com/cgeo/WhereYouGo
The core of the application is based on OpenWIG, it uses the Mapsforge library to display maps, alternatively Locus can be used.
- When manually downloading cartridges from wherigo.com, make sure to use the version "Pocket PC Device".
- Copy the cartridges into your Wherigo folder (Settings - Main - Wherigo folder). Make sure you granted the application permission to write to external storage and you have write permission in selected directory. Some newer devices don't allow writing to SD card. If you're not sure, set "Wherigo folder" automatically.
- If you have problems installing or using WhereYouGo please contact us at email@example.com
- If you would like to know why WhereYouGo needs the permissions requested, please check https://github.com/cgeo/WhereYouGo/blob/master/PRIVACY.md for an explanation.
- Get link to offline maps from c:geo in map menu. Note: Requires Mapsforge V3 map in c:geo as WhereYouGo still only supports this version.
- Improve login usability by providing error messages in case of missing or wrong credentials
- Make screen rotation optional
- Adjust map font size for devices with higher DPI
- New option for automatic text scaling on maps
- Optimize caching of map tiles and adjust menu entries for it
- Android 8 fix for getting GPS when running in background
With TBScan you can discover TBs without having to type in the tracking code.
The GeoCache Calculator is a comprehensive tool for every active cacher!
GCDroid is your 'one stop shop' mobile geocaching application.
Paperless geocaching! Calculate waypoint formulas using discovered clues.
Geooh GO is the most feature rich geocaching app available today.
WhereYouGo is an unofficial client for Wherigo Geoaching.
Auto Technical Service 09 tech, call auto tech support from android phone