|Rating||4.1 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich|
|Author's Notes||Award-winning phonics game that’s helped millions of kids learn to read.|
• Parents have seen significant improvements in their children’s literacy within weeks.
• Teachers claim it’s a wonderful and captivating classroom tool that helps their students learn to read.
• Kids love making their monster and teaching it read. They learn through play.
Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
• Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
• Designed in collaboration with leading academics and game designers.
• Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
• Suitable for school and home use.
• Includes all 3 games! First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader!
The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home. It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
The app is commonly used in preschool, primary school, kindergarten and first grade as an interactive teaching resource.
PROCEEDS GO TO THE USBORNE FOUNDATION CHARITY
Teach Your Monster to Read has been created by Teach Monster Games Ltd. which is a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation. The Usborne Foundation is a charity founded by children’s publisher, Peter Usborne MBE. Harnessing research, design and technology, we create playful media addressing issues from literacy to health. Funds raised from the game go back into the charity, to help us become sustainable and build new projects.
• Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
• Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids!
• Suitable for ages 3-6.
• Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.
• Available on iPad and iPhone.
REVIEWS FROM TEACHERS AND PARENTS
"This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value."
Marie Lewis, Rochdale
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic."
Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
"This is a fabulous game. I'm not kidding when I say that my daughter essentially learned all her letter sounds using First steps, with relatively minimal input from me! Great for parents to practise their letter sounds too."
Teach Monster Games Ltd is a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation, a registered charity in England and Wales, charity number 1121957.
We've made some improvements based on your feedback.
• A glistening trophy icon will magically appear on your dashboard when you've achieved a new certificate!
• The way the game exits when the app is closed has been improved. It's now easier to continue where you left off if you've only exited the app for a few moments.
• Small bugs have been blasted away!
We love to read your success stories and we want to know what you’d like added to the game, so please leave a review.
Giggle-filled activities that foster emotional development, curiosity & kindness
The multi-award winning learn-to-read app for kids aged 2–13.
Try free for 7 days! Cancel anytime.
Wow! Fairy Tales and Games in one app! Read favorite stories and play games!
30 educational games for Preschool and Kindergarten!
It’s Talking Tom! The coolest cat and biggest superstar in the world!
Roblox lets you play, create, and be anything you can imagine.
FIFPro™ Licensed Soccer
Prepare to fight with shadows!
A singing, dancing fashion star from the makers of My Talking Tom!
Grow a farm, fish, and explore the Valley. Build your own slice of paradise!