|Rating||3.2 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 6.x - Marshmallow|
|Author's Notes||NOAA Severe Weather Alerts For Your Exact Location|
Storm-based alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. County-based alerts can result in false alarms, warning you when your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
These features come with your app download:
• Get voice alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via push notification anywhere in the United States.
• Hi-Def radar map is your home screen so you can quickly see what's going on at your locations.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Save additional locations to ensure family members stay safe.
View NOAA severe weather alerts on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alerts to view info
• Show multiple severe weather layers on the map at the same time
• Flood watches & warnings
• Tornadoes & Thunderstorms
• Hurricane & Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Winter storms
• Marine & Coastal alerts
• Radar & Clouds
• Wind Speed
• Snow Fall
• Road Weather
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Buy Premium Weather ($0.99 per month) to unlock these 3 features:
1) Future Radar - See forecasted radar imagery.
2) Future Temperature Map - See forecasted temperature map.
3) Storm Tracks - See how fast storms are moving and where in the next few minutes.
• Buy Lightning ($0.99 per month) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Get push notifications for lightning strikes near your locations.
2) See lightning on the map within 100 miles of a selected location.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of your purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off before the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Google Play Store menu and selecting 'Subscriptions' after purchase.
• After a free trial ends (if offered), your subscription will automatically convert to a paid subscription. You may cancel your subscription before your free trial is up to avoid being charged.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company.
View help and tips at support.stormshieldapp.com.
• New map kit from our weather provider is in the version 4.3.7 app update. You may notice the base map looks a little different because of this map kit change.
• 'Settings; Advanced; Weather Layer Imagery Loops' option that was in v4.2.3 was removed. The new map kit from our weather provider doesn't support this capability.
• 'Water Temperatures' map layer was removed because its data source was discontinued. This was beyond the control of our weather provider.
• Misc bug fixes included.
WVUE FOX 8 is proud to announce a full featured weather app for Android.
Live 5 News is proud to announce a full featured weather app.
LEX 18 is proud to announce a full featured weather app for Android.
From the Severe Weather Center 13 Meteorological Team the FOX13 Weather App.
Download the 4 Warn Weather app for fast, accurate Buffalo, NY weather.
WXYZ 7 Action News delivers breaking news and weather for Detroit, Michigan
NOAA Severe Weather Alerts For Your Exact Location
The Todd-N-Tyler Radio Empire is a nationally syndicated morning radio show heard on stations from the mid-west to the west...
WMAR ABC2 News in Baltimore delivers relevant local, community & national news.
The best of local and digital streaming music featuring your city’s favorite stations and stations from across the country. Choose...
The WTVR Weather App gives you the latest weather for our viewing region.
94.7 Today’s KTTS in Springfield delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and...