|Rating||4.1 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich|
|Author's Notes||The full Smith's Bible Dictionary in your hands! Over 7.000 terms of the Bible.|
* Over 7.000 dictionary and encyclopedia entries.
* Very fast and simple to use.
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Study the Holy Scriptures anytime, anywhere, no Internet connection required.
* Search inside one of the dictionaries or all at the same time.
* Powerful search system. Search inside by term and/or definitions using different criteria.
* Big text option to improve readability
* Bookmark your favorite entries for quick future reference.
* Share any entry by e-mail, SMS, etc.
* Listen to the definitions using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer with American or British accent.
Q: How can I share a verse from the list?
A: Just pressing for 2 or 3 seconds and a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
To save your favorite entries in the SD card:
- Modify/delete SD card contents
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Praise the Lord! God bless you!
John 1:1-51 KJV - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Note: This app uses Smith's 1863 Bible Dictionary which is a public domain resource.
Catholic Women's Bible - this app was specially designed for Women! ★ Catholic Version The Catholic Public Domain Versionis intended...
Pulpit Bible is your best partner to carry the Word of God
The bible quotes made accessible for you by theme
Theological Dictionary offline with thousand of words and terms about Theology
Download the Catholic Public Domain Bible (CPDV), the best Bible for Catholics. Read the Bible every day, choose a passage...
Join our community with your friends, family, brothers and sisters
The full Smith's Bible Dictionary in your hands! Over 7.000 terms of the Bible.
Over 2,500 Bible proper names explained!
The full Easton's Bible Dictionary in your hands! Over 7.000 Bible terms.
Over 270.000 Holy Bible definitions! Study the Scriptures anytime! Works OFFLINE