|Rating||4.5 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||4.0 and up|
|Author's Notes||***SkySafari has been upgraded! For more information on the NEW SkySafari 5 Plus for Android, visit SkySafariAstronomy.com or search for...|
SkySafari 4 Plus is everything in SkySafari 4, plus more. It adds a hugely expanded database, wired or wireless telescope control, and spaceflight. Take stargazing to the next level!
This version includes 2.5 million stars, 31,000 deep sky objects, the Solar System's major planets and moons, over 4,000 updatable asteroids, comets, and satellites. Simulate the sky from any place in the Solar System, up to 10,000 years in the past or future. Expand your astronomical knowledge with over 1500 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets. Enjoy more than 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
Leave Earth's surface behind with SkySafari 4 Plus! Tap the Orbit button to fly into orbit around other objects in the Solar System and beyond. Follow eclipses, occultations, and transits in Earth's sky! View the planets and their moons as only NASA space probes have - even label every crater on them.
SkySafari 4 Plus adds wired or wireless control for Celestron, Meade, Orion, SkyWatcher, and many other computerized telescopes. It can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your device's built-in Bluetooth, and a Bluetooth serial adapter (sold separately). Plan observing sessions with Observing Lists, log your observations into them, and share them with friends. More astronomers use SkySafari for telescope control than any other app!
Plus is a powerful planetarium that fits in your pocket. It puts millions of stars and all the planets at your fingertips and contains encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars and planets. It lets you find objects in the sky using your device's built-in compass and accelerometer. Use the interactive star chart from anywhere on the globe! No need to walk away from the city lights - the star chart shows you all of the stars and planets at their exact spots. Connect your telescope to it and bring the distant worlds even closer.
There's even more in SkySafari 4 Pro - but Plus will keep anyone with a small backyard telescope busy for years.
Here's what's new in version 4:
* Complete rewrite of compass code for much smoother and more accurate motion tracking.
* Google Maps integration: choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
* Animated meteor showers, with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics.
* New horizon panoramas: Yerba Buena Gardens in downtown San Francisco, Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia, and the top of Mauna Kea on Hawaii's Big Island. Or add your own!
* New and updated descriptions for hundreds of objects.
* Completely reinvented scope control panel.
* Objects lists under Search are now sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, Dec, and many other properties.
* New Advanced Search options let you find objects using properties other than their name. For example, you can find all objects of a certain type, within a certain constellation, brighter than a certain magnitude, etc.
* New Advanced Time settings let you enter a date & time thousands of years in the past or future, to the nearest second, or using Julian dates
* New Telescope Equipment settings let you enter a list of all your telescope equipment. Select different combinations of eyepieces and telescopes to display field-of-view automatically. Set up a separate camera and auto-guider FOV. All FOV indicators can be labelled in the sky chart.
* Now log observations of objects directly from the Object Info view, or show all your observations of any object at once.
* New Variable Stars list, containing the brightest and best-known variables in the sky.
* Added descriptions for dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites; and many images.
* Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions!
- Fix problem with Ceres not appearing in Sun & Planets (and Dwarf Planets) list.
- Fix problem with orbital periods of 42 stars in the 6th Orbit Catalog.
- Add checkbox in Appearance settings to disable reddening the keyboard.
- Fix problem with some UI controls not getting reddened in Monochrome mode.
- Add Help for Celestron WiFi scope control
- Add Google +1 button to Help screen.
- Update Pluto images and information based upon the New Horizon's flyby.
- Add Orion HDX telescope type.
SkyView®, an augmented reality space app, brings stargazing to everyone!
Explore constellations, planets and stars with this night sky tracker & locator!
Explore the Universe 💫 Stargazing guide. Night sky view. Solar system planets.
Celestron Telescope Controller and Planetarium application
The magical augmented reality star gazing and astronomy app.
***SkySafari has been upgraded! For more information on the NEW SkySafari 5 Pro for Android, visit SkySafariAstronomy.com or search for...
SkySafari 5 Pro is the ultimate astronomy app. It has the largest database of any astronomy app, includes every solar...
Pluto Safari is your interactive guide to the first mission to Pluto, the last unexplored planet. It's a free app...
SkySafari 5 Plus is more than the basic astronomy app, and this is its best version yet! It's a full-featured...
***SkySafari has been upgraded! For more information on the NEW SkySafari 5 for Android, visit SkySafariAstronomy.com or search for SkySafari...
***SkySafari has been upgraded! For more information on the NEW SkySafari 5 Plus for Android, visit SkySafariAstronomy.com or search for...