|Rating||3.8 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||4.4 and up|
|Author's Notes||Hunt for gold by tracking publication of new geocaches and be notified!|
There is a free version to try it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.lemval.goldhunt.free
This application works with Geocaching.com to search new caches and load cache information.
Basic members of this site can see distance, location and details of a cache, but can only load full details of three caches a day (description, waypoints, images). Note that information about premium caches for such members is very limited.
Via notifications you'll be alerted about new caches. The interval for checking is configurable, although short intervals have drainage consequences.
The application offers creation of filters with which the cache list can be filtered on distance from a certain location, type, difficulty, etc. There is an active filter for the list view as well as an active filter for alerting.
Note! For Basic members this application can only rely on messages on Twitter in Dutch, based on reviewers in Belgium and the Netherlands. Some German caches are also supported. As soon as these tweets cease to exist, the application will not have any function anymore.
- Check directly on Geocaching.com for new caches (optional; Premium GC service) - en route
- Poll mail account for configured notifications on GC (optional; Premium GC service)
- Search Twitter.com for new cache publications (optional; Dutch only, very limited German support)
- Filters for viewing, notification and searching
- Show cache details with description, hint, images, etc.
- Map view of all caches and per cache the waypoints
* If you are a Geocaching.com *Basic* Member, this application will offer very limited functionality, unless you're looking for caches in the Netherlands and Belgium.
* Only Premium Members can make use of the online search of new caches.
* Mail polling feature requires specifying notifications on GC.com. Useful when sharing.
Crash reports are considered to be solved in the release following the moment it was reported. If not, please contact me via email@example.com or start a discussion on a discussion on the forum (http://goldhunt.freeforums.net/).
Thanks for: OpenStreetMap, Groundspeak API, open source libraries Crouton, Gson, JSoup, OsmDroid, SignPost, Slf4j, graphics from Icons8 (http://icons8.com), Sekkyumu, MapIcons, PSDgraphics, Oxygen Team and the reviewers.
Suggestions are welcome.
With TBScan you can discover TBs without having to type in the tracking code.
Geooh GO is the most feature rich geocaching app available today.
The GeoCache Calculator is a comprehensive tool for every active cacher!
WhereYouGo is an unofficial client for Wherigo Geoaching.
SeaHelp – the breakdown service at sea
--- NB: Downloading of cache details no longer works!! Are you doing some geocaching? Are you a geocacher looking for...
Import GPX files into your Sygic/CoPilot/TomTom navigation as POIs!
Are you geocaching? A geocacher looking for a first found? Note. There are various rumors the Twitter publications are reduced....
Very simple application to check if the GPS coordinates and/or network coordinates are received, including the last known location. Developer...
Hunt for gold by tracking publication of new geocaches and be notified!