|Rating||0 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 6.x - Marshmallow|
|Author's Notes||Put the word in your pocket with Geocam by Wazar!|
What you can do with Geocam:
* Geo-Pictures: photos that have an extra layer of geographical data such as GPS position, compass orientation, pitch, roll, altitude, etc. This data is added into the EXIF metadata and can selectively be drawn on images as an overlay. You can see all you pictures on Google Maps or on Google Earth on your personal computer with the export feature. You can share those albums with anyone who can run Google Earth.
* Geo-Videos (Pro only): the first and only app to let you record videos with an embed layer of geographical data. A useful addition to pictures. With Geocam Studio (available on geocam.wazar-apps.com), customize and export these videos and share them.
* Bearings: Geocam is an accurate measure tool. It shows your compass orientation (choose between magnetic or geographic North), your inclination and elevation with readable cursors (like a cockpit HUD). It can be used in terrain mapping, on a glide, sailing, mountain biking...
* Geo-Caching: prepare a list of key places in an area and view them with your camera on augmented reality: name, distance. You will not require a data connection offline so it can be used when hiking abroad, when visiting another city... This will help you make sure you are going in the right direction and give you remaining distance. You can also add markers during your hike with the "Add here" option, for example to flag the base camp, a water source, or anything interesting you find on your way.
* Measurements: Evaluate the distance to any object with the triangulation feature. You can also measure its height once the distance is known. This is not done by showing any unreadable cursor on the screen, but with mathematical formulas. Choose between metric and imperial measure systems.
Geocam supports extensive customisation including:
* Selecting which indicators to display on the HUD and whether to save them or not on pictures
* Metric and imperial systems
* GPS Formats: Decimal degrees, degrees/minutes/second, MGRS, UTM
* True north or magnetic north
* Degrees or Mils compass readings
* Percentage or degree slopes
* Calibrating "zero" pitch and roll to custom values to measure differences
* Different themes including a "cockpit" style or a "hi-vis" style
This is a free edtition, and with Geocam Pro, you get:
* No Ads
* Record and playback augmented video. This is a powerful tool in addition to Geophoto to record the topology of any area for further reference, as you can add your own audio commentary. Augmented video is an exclusivity of Geocam by Wazar.
* Export KMZ files to Google Earth, to display your pictures and markers in their original location and orientation, and share them easily.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are facing an issue, we cannot help you if you only leave a review. Do get it touch by email so we can hep you. We do reply to all emails and regularly push out fixes to reported problems. By all means please do get in touch if you are experiencing difficulties.
Choice for altitude reference: sea level or WGS84
Take a photo with GPS Timestamp Camera or from photo gallery to add Geotag stamp
GPS location: take and edit GPS data with your smartphone camera!
Create photos with GPS info.
GPS Map Camera App with Location Latitude Longitude Address & DateTime Stamp
Solocator stamps photos you take with GPS location, Compass Direction, Date/Time
Map Creator lets you create you own maps from any image in full resolution
Put the world in your pocket with Geocam by Wazar!
Put the word in your pocket with Geocam by Wazar!