|Rating||4.5 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||4.0 and up|
|Author's Notes||Swiftly FTP Server for your android device.|
By default, the user name and password are both 'ftp', you should change them. You use this user name and password when accessing the server.
For power and security reasons, it is recommended that the server be stopped after use.
* Complete and efficient FTP Server
* Can read/write internal memory and also external storage (see advanced settings)
* Implements advanced FTP features like UTF8, MDTM and MFMT
* Implements Bonjour/DNS-SD for easy service discovery
* Can automatically connect on selected wifi networks (work/home/...)
* Can be started/stopped by Tasker or Locale, is thus also a Tasker/Locale plug-in
* Anonymous login possible (with restricted rights for security)
* Configuration of chroot directory possible (default sdcard)
* Configuration of port possible (default 2121)
* Possible to keep running while screen off
* Runs on local network, even when tethering (phone is the access point)
* Has public intents to support scripting:
* Follows Material interface guidelines, looks good on phone/tablet/tv/...
* Uses notification to remind user that the server is running
* Easy starting/stopping server from settings
* Has widget to ease starting/stopping server
The server is completely implemented in the app itself, it does not use an external library. It provides the best possible performance on android to run. Some advanced features like UTF8, MDTM and MFMT are implemented. Though the underlying file system must support them.
The Bonjour/DNS-SD support is very handy if the client os and it's file manager also supports the protocols. In this way, the moment you start the ftp server on the android device, you will find it on the network folder of your desktop.
A lot of users asked if it was possible to automatically start the server when the android device was running. We found that it was more useful to automatically start the server when we are connected to certain wifi networks. This has the same effect and is very handy, for instance when you arrive home, start your ftp server. We then went even further and we added support for Tasker or Locale. The people who like to script some use case for there device can thus easily do that.
Logical settings are available, like you can for instance set anonymous login and configure chroot and port. A minor group of users have some special use cases. For instance running the server while tethering or running the server from the ethernet cable. All those are possible and we are open for more improvements.
The design follows the official guidelines. You can be sure that the interface and the logo's look good on your device. We also make it easy to control the server, using notifications or widgets where needed.
FTP Server is open source software released under the GPL v3.
Current maintainer: Pieter Pareit.
Initial development: Dave Revell.
Version 3.0.1 (2019/08/30)
* Fix widget issues on Oreo, Pie and up
Version 3.0 (2019/08/28)
* Get O, P, Q support by Timotheos Constambeys
* Performance improvements in reading and writing of files
* Stability improvements
* Improve play store support
+ Show notification when AutoConnect is running (obligated by android)
+ Polish language translation by Waldemar Stoczkowski
* Improve MFMT
* Fix REST support by Terry Hooper
Ftp Server Pro
The ultimate FTP/SFTP/FTPS Server! You can even add a Dynamic DNS Updater!
A powerful FTP Server to access files in your device from everywhere on Earth
Carry a FTP server in your pocket and avoid USB cables for file transfer
FtpCafe, an Android FTP client
Get full screen on any application.
Android service that hides and restores the systembar of android tablets. This enables playing, watching and reading at full screen!Installation:*...
IMPORTANT: Only works on rooted devices. If you do not know what a rooted device is, please do not install....
This flashlight application enables you to quickly toggle the led light on your phone using the power button. When long...
This program allows you to run an ftp server on your android device. This means that any other computer/device can...
The Game of Life, also known simply as Life, is a cellular automaton devised by the British mathematician John Horton...