|Rating||3.8 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 4.0.x - Ice Cream Sandwich|
|Author's Notes||Create visual representations then compare, order and operation on fractions.|
Create visual representations that help explore mathematical thinking related to:
● Understanding part-whole relationships
● Representing, comparing and ordering fractions
● Iterating a unit fraction by copying
● Exploring the relationship between the number of equal partitions in a whole and the fractional unit (denominator)
● Exploring equivalent fractions
● Modelling operations with fractions
o placing pieces beside or between each other, to combine fractions (addition)
o removing pieces from trains (subtraction)
o aligning trains to compare fractions with or without using comparison bars, including to find differences (subtraction)
o copying strips or trains to model repeated addition (multiplication)
● Build representations on an infinite workspace
● Drag the leftmost piece from a fraction strip in the fraction tower into the workspace to represent a unit fraction (one-half, one-third, etc.)
● Drag a piece further along the strip into the workspace (the pieces to the left of it are automatically dragged with it) to represent fractions like two-fourths , five-fifths etc.
● Create trains in which the pieces line up precisely
● Align trains using the built-in snapping
● Copy selected pieces or entire trains
● Show/Hide labels on the fraction pieces
● Zoom in on selected pieces, zoom out to see more of the workspace, zoom to fit to reorient the workspace so all fraction pieces are on the screen.
● Show/Hide rulers underneath trains in the workspace
● Show/Hide steppers to use different fractional units on the rulers
● Customize the fraction tower: change the colour of pieces and which pieces are included in the tower
● Reposition the fraction tower by dragging using the dark blue area at the top and use the double-arrow button to change its height
● Identify equivalent fractions using the equivalence bar at the top of the tower.
● Step through a history of your work with the undo/redo buttons
● Communicate your thinking or highlight various features of your representation using the built-in annotation tool
● Import pictures saved on your device. Pictures can be selected, moved, resized, rotated and copied.
● Save your work and open previously saved files.
- improved undo/redo of image steps
- bug fixes
Aikido is a Japanese martial art based on the principles of harmony. The principles and techniques of aikido are designed...
Improve calculation skills through repeated addition subtraction.
Improve your aural skills anytime and anywhere with AURALBOOK.
The FREE application contains 12 videos of techniques and test.
TExES Flashcard study for students. Study TExES flashcards from everywhere.
Create visual representations then compare, order and operation on fractions.
Write math solutions, sketch diagrams, create graphs ...
Use the rekenrek to deepen understanding of number concepts and relationships.
Represent amounts using these realistic images of Canadian coins and bills.
Write solutions, sketch diagrams, create graphs and record your mathematical thinking using the Notepad by mathies. Take a screenshot of...
Represent, compare, order, and operate on whole numbers, fractions or decimals by dragging rods from the tower into the workspace...