|Rating||4.5 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 4.1.x - Jelly Bean|
|Author's Notes||Exercises for prosthetic users. Your portable personal fitness trainer.|
The Fitness for Amputees App includes a series of easy-to-understand exercises for leg and arm amputees developed by experienced Ottobock physiotherapists. Up to 6 months after a prosthetic fitting, the app can be your regular companion and provide you with the training you need in this special situation. All you need for the exercises is a mat, a towel and a ball. Once you have installed the app on your device, you can also use it offline.
The app consists of 3 modules for leg prosthesis wearers and 2 modules for arm prosthesis wearers.
The modules for the lower extremity:
- Strength & Endurance: For strengthening the upper body muscles and stabilizing the spine. This is the basis for a natural gait pattern.
- Coordination & Balance: To improve coordination and to support secure standing on the prosthesis. To achieve more comfort and more natural movement sequences.
- Stretch & Relaxation: To relax the muscles and for faster regeneration. With these exercises the flexibility of the muscles can be increased.
The modules of the upper extremity:
- Shoulder: To strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles. With the help of these exercises, poor posture and the resulting back and headaches can be avoided.
- Torso: To strengthen the abdominal and back muscles. To improve the balance, resulting in better stability and more safety with handling the prosthesis.
To achieve the best results, we recommend you to train 2-3 times a week for 5-11 minutes and changing regularly between the respective modules. The 3 levels of difficulty (easy / normal / difficult) allow you to adapt the exercises individually to your physical condition. By changing to a higher difficulty level you can make long-term progress.
More functions and advantages:
- Exercise selection: Either complete a pre-set training program or create your own individual training program
- Music selection: Train to the music available in the app or to your own
- Statistics function: Keep track of your progress and get an overview of the number of exercises you have already completed
- Reminder function: Let the app remind you of your next training session
Download the Fitness for Amputees App now and add it to your daily fitness and rehabilitation program!
- Training for arm amputees through the two modules shoulder and torso
• Fitness training for upper limb prosthetic users
• New exercises to strengthen the arm and shoulder girdle muscles
• New exercises to strengthen the core and back muscles
Your Complete Health Ecosystem
The Good Fitness app #1 booty building program.
Trifecta is the ultimate app for Fitness, Nutrition and Tracking.
Generate a new workout daily. Choose your target area. Train at home or the gym.
Get more out of your Gold's Gym experience with the Gold's Gym Member App.
Exercises for prosthetic users. Your portable personal fitness trainer.
Die Ottobock Family Day App erleichtert Dir die Orientierung am Digital Family Day auf dem Betriebsgelände! Folgende Funktionen bietet die...
Setup app for practitioners
Adapting hand prostheses
For qualified personnel
Adjust prostheses & orthoses