When learning the alphabet, young children need to learn each letter’s name and its sound, the shape of the letter and how to create it correctly when writing. Research shows that knowing the alphabet, especially the sound and shape of each letter, is a strong indicator for reading success in school.
The Eggy Alphabet App builds alphabet knowledge and handwriting skills in a comprehensive, educationally sound app that makes learning the alphabet memorable, highly interactive and full of fun rewards.
Eggy Alphabet covers both upper and lower case letters for each of the 26 letters of the alphabet. For each letter there are three handwriting activities that stress the correct formation of each letter. Another 2 activities build phonemic awareness and letter sound skills. When learning to form each letter, children use a finger to trace and draw each letter.
Eggy Alphabet is brought to you by the makers of popular educational website Reading Eggs – a team of educators with more than 20 years’ experience in early childhood education, who believe learning to read should be fun, motivating, and full of success.
Buy and Unlock the full version and you get:
- All 26 letters of the alphabet.
- 4 activities to be completed for every letter.
- Upper and lower case versions of letters.
- A total of 208 activities to complete plus The Letter Game.
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States.
- 3 difficulty levels - Egg ratings to be earned for every level.
- 18 wonderful Egg Critters to unlock and hatch.
- 624 Golden Eggs to earn.
- Each child can have their own account.
- Progress is tracked for every account.
Please note- Not supported on Thompson tablets.