|Rating||3.4 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 6.x - Marshmallow|
|Author's Notes||Manage a Dell server, MX Chassis, OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials|
• Remote access to iDRAC requires iDRAC7 or above
• Remote access to OpenManage Enterprise requires version 3.1 or later
• Remote access to OpenManage Essentials requires version 2.5
*** OpenManage Mobile now leverages Augmented Reality to easily and quickly monitor & troubleshoot MX7000 modular chassis. Aim the camera at MX7000, connect, and view health overlays. Tap on a component to view more details. ***
OVERVIEW OF OPENMANAGE MOBILE (OMM)
Wireless and Mobility are now pervasive inside data centers and we can leverage it to simplify data center operations. Dell EMC OpenManage Mobile (OMM) is an app that enables IT Administrators to securely provision, monitor, and troubleshoot Dell EMC PowerEdge servers or MX7000 chassis directly from a mobile device.
OMM can access and manage PowerEdge servers or MX7000 modular chassis either remotely (i.e. over management network) or from inside the data center (i.e. when an IT Administrator is physically present in front of server or a chassis). Following are the ways you can access a server or an MX7000 chassis:
• Remote into a server (iDRAC7, iDRAC8 or iDRAC9)
• Remote into an MX7000 chassis and sleds
• Remote into a console (OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials)
• At-the-server access to a PowerEdge server with iDRAC8 or iDRAC9
• At-the-chassis access to an MX7000 chassis and sleds
When connected through a console (OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials), OMM can access Dell EMC servers, chassis, storage, networking, and any other supported third-party appliances being managed through this console.
For specific feature support on OpenManage Mobile, please visit Dell Tech Center at www.DellTechCenter.com/OMM
SUPPORT FOR AT-THE-SERVER MANAGEMENT
• Quick Sync 2 module for at-the-server access is available on PowerEdge 14th Gen rack and tower servers (R940, R940xa, R840, R740, R740xd, R640, R540, R440, R7525, R7515, R7425, R7415, R6525, R6515, R6415, and T640). For the latest list of supported hardware models, please contact a Dell Sales representative.
Quick Sync 2 module utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Wi-Fi to establish a secure connection between server and mobile device running OMM.
Quick Sync bezel for at-the-server access is available on PowerEdge R730xd, R730, and R630 servers.
Quick Sync bezel utilizes NFC technology.
SUPPORT FOR AT-THE-CHASSIS MANAGEMENT
• Quick Sync 2 module for at-the-chassis access is available on MX7000 modular chassis
Supported features depend on the type of access (console or iDRAC) and the specific generation of server being accessed. For specific details or more information on OpenManage Mobile, please visit Dell Tech Center at www.DellTechCenter.com/OMM
KEY USE CASES – SUPPORT VARIES BY TYPE OF ACCESS AND SERVER GENERATION
• Get pro-active alert notifications automatically on your mobile device from OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials consoles.
• Browse server or chassis details, health status, hardware & firmware inventory, networking details, and System Event or LC logs. (For MX7000 chassis, use Augmented Reality feature to monitor and troubleshoot easily and quickly.)
• Power On, shut down, or reboot your server from anywhere.
• For “bare metal configuration,” assign IP address, change credentials, and update common BIOS attributes.
• Access, share or upload SupportAssist Collection reports; View Last Crash screen and video (requires iDRAC9)
• Access Virtual Console securely (and reduce the need for crash carts) with a Third-Party app – bVNC: Secure VNC Viewer by Undatech
• Run command-line routines (RACADM)
For any questions, please send an email to OM_Mobile_Feedback@Dell.com
For an overview of OpenManage Mobile, please view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoAzHI_gykk
Note that some OMM features will vary by what is being accessed (iDRAC, MX7000 or OpenManage Enterprise), how it is being accessed (over the network or via Quick Sync 2) and the PowerEdge server model number.
PoerSmart is an app for smart home.
A Relational Database for Sailforms
The cRc Kosher Guide provides product and kosher supervision recommendations.
Scan barcodes, create PDF reports or send Barcodes to PC, QR Code, DataMatrix
ListNote Pro Notepad with Google Cloud Print Integration and Home Screen Widget.
Access PowerEdge service information now.
Dell Document Hub app connects Dell printers to cloud services.
Manage a Dell server, MX Chassis, OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials
Dell EMC’s Partner App is for Dell Channel Partners to improve their productivity on the go. A Dell Channel Partner...
App for Dell Wireless Connect Monitors (U2417HWi and S2317HWi)
Dell TechDirect is a centralized support tool designed to provide commercial customers with online and mobile access to create, view...
Dell Stage Home Widget for phone