|Rating||4.3 ★ / 5|
|OS Require||Android 4.4 - KitKat|
|Author's Notes||Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA's classic arcade-style beat 'em!|
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare and see your enemies drawn before you. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines. Then defeat the super-villain, Mortus, to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
- All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
- Unleash superhero power-ups and tons of intense fighting moves
- Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
- Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
- Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: HID compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- "Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly." [92%] - Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
- "A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action." [91%] - Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
COMIX ZONE TRIVIA
- *Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
- Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
- Comix Zone features a happy and sad ending depending on how you defeat the final boss
- SEGA held patent US 6010405 for the game systems innovative simulation of a comic book
COMIX ZONE HISTORY
- First released August 1996 on the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis system
- Developed by: SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Peter Morawiec
- Lead Programmer: Adrian Stephens
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Comix Zone, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
|4.1.0 (2020010933)||2020-01-23||SDK: 19|
|2.0.4 (2019091903)||2019-09-26||SDK: 19|
|2.0.2 (2019071901)||2019-07-25||SDK: 19|
|2.0.1 (2019052201)||2019-05-22||SDK: 19|
|2.0.0 (2019022701)||2019-03-07||SDK: 19|
|2.0.0 (2019012301)||2019-02-01||SDK: 19|
|1.2.3 (2018103102)||2018-10-31||SDK: 19|
|1.2.2 (2018062801)||2018-08-07||SDK: 19|
|1.2.1 (2018052401)||2018-06-16||SDK: 19|
|1.1.1 (2017092201)||2017-09-26||SDK: 19|
Brawl and beat the streets in SEGA’s ultimate side-scrolling beat-‘em up.
Brawl through the depths of hell in SEGA’s legendary beat ‘em up Altered Beast!
Take to the streets a second time in SEGA’s cult beat ‘em-up
Rain down ninja vengeance in SEGA’s legendary side-scrolling beat ‘em up.
Save the planet from mechanised killing machines! Welcome to VectorMan!
NEW: Run and build up zones!
Ready, set, RUN!
It’s Not Just Racing… it’s Racing Transformed! Race as Sonic and a host of legendary All-Stars and prepare to transform!...
Take Sonic and Tails for a spin in this Lite version of Sonic The Hedgehog™ 4 Episode II! The Sonic...
The next chapter of an uber wild driving experience of all time has arrived!
Catch the FEVER in an explosive race against the clock! Compete with Sonic and friends in high-speed bursts of vertical...